colord hints needed

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Thu Dec 20 01:00:14 UTC 2018

On 12/19/18 12:13 AM, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:05:13 +0100, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
>> It provides org.freedesktop.ColorManager D-Bus service and it
>> should be started automatically by dbus-daemon whenever an
>> application tries to access that service.  When I run "colormgr
>> get-devices" colord is started.
>
> Interesting aspect. I have
>
> dbus_enable="YES"
>
> set in /etc/rc.conf, and the command
>
> % colormgr get-devices
>
> works even when no X is started yet, i. e., in console mode, which I
> will not call "text mode" anymore. :-)

Poking around, colord stores its device and icc knowledge in sqlite dbs.
It is being used in-lieu of _ICC_PROFILE; I thought it took hints from
_ICC_PROFILE, but apparently not.  At least that's what I gather from
darktable's options, where you can select either _ICC_PROFILE or colord,
or both as a source.

Gary