math/mpft will not build

Yuri Pankov yuripv at yuripv.net
Wed Dec 19 00:58:47 UTC 2018

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> Can someone explain what this line does? It's keeping math/mpfr from
> building, and that causes tons of other ports to fail.
>
> /usr/bin/jot -s " " -w patch%02d ${PATCHLEVEL} 1 ${PATCHLEVEL}
>
> I can't even find PATCHLEVEL in the Porters Handbook, and it's not
> defined in the port Makefile.

PATCHLEVEL is defined just above the line with jot, it looks like this
for me:

PATCHLEVEL=     13
PATCHFILES!=    /usr/bin/jot -s " " -w patch%02d ${PATCHLEVEL} 1
${PATCHLEVEL}

So it's simply a local variable, and the whole construct is there just
to make it easier to define the list of patches, i.e. when you run it
from shell, it outputs the following:

$ jot -s " " -w patch%02d 13 1 13
patch01 patch02 patch03 patch04 patch05 patch06 patch07 patch08 patch09
patch10 patch11 patch12 patch13

And I'm wondering how exactly it's failing the build for you?