running freebsd completely from memory : possible?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Dec 14 20:50:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 18:28:28 -0200, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
> [...]
> Or you can boot from a CD, bring the system from the network and run
> from there...
> [...]
> It has been working since FreeBSD 1, I think...

A whole preinstalled and preconfigured GUI desktop system
(with the choice of 2 or 3 different environments) including
various application programs, booting fron a CD (650 MB capacity)
has been provided by FreeSBIE. If I remember correctly, that was
on FreeBSD 5 or 6... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany