running freebsd completely from memory : possible?

Mayuresh Kathe mayuresh at kathe.in
Fri Dec 14 11:37:51 UTC 2018

hello, is it possible to run freebsd-12 completely from memory?
basically the system would boot off my 'ssd' and get loaded up fully in
memory and run from there and only write back to the 'ssd' on shutdown.
my current use-case involves learning to develop under freebsd using c89
and i have a quad-core intel i5 at 2.9ghz with 16gib of memory under a
lenovo thinkpad.
i don't run a 'gui' and browse the web using lynx and intend to work
with emails using mailx, fetchmail and sendmail (in a personal user
configuration).

-mayuresh