certbot lost certificates , and registration data

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 10 17:56:24 UTC 2018

On 10/12/2018 17:48, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 6:44 AM Paul Macdonald via freebsd-questions <
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> I think this is due to the config dir defaulting to /etc/letsencrypt in
>> the latest update,
>>
>> symlinking /usr/local/etc/letsencrypt to /etc/letsencrypt is a quick fix
>> tested as working for me..
>

> +1

This was due to an upstream change moving where various paths are
defined to a different file, and so making the port's attempt to modify
the settings in the original file pretty futile.  I'll be working on a
fix later tonight.

	Cheers,

	Matthew