xrdp configuration and xfce4

David Newman dnewman at networktest.com
Wed Aug 8 02:10:57 UTC 2018

On 8/7/18 6:31 PM, Koichiro Iwao wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2018 at 06:24:15PM -0700, David Newman wrote:
>> Not sure what changes I would make in startxm.sh to automate this. The
>> existing script has file locations for X on Linux distros.
>
> Really?
>
> ```
> #!/bin/sh
> startxfce4
> ```
>
> That's all.

Sorry, no go.

A startwm.sh script with just these two lines produces a black screen
with one xterm and doesn't start xfce, let alone deal with the
copy/paste problem.

Also tried with '/usr/local/bin/xfce4-session' but got the same results.

Either of these is exactly the same outcome as using the default
startxm.sh script supplied with xrdp from the pkg repo.

I am restarting the xrdp service and exiting the xterm after each attempt.

If you have this working successfully with a similar environment --
Microsoft RDP client on a Mac connecting to xrdp 0.9.x on FreeBSD 11.2
-- are you able to share your xrdp.ini and startwm.sh files?

Thanks!

dn