[hasse at bara1.se: dovecot error on boot up] (RePost)

Christos Chatzaras chris at cretaforce.gr
Sun Apr 15 23:50:30 UTC 2018

> Hello
> After latest update/upgrade I get this for me strange error on the
> boot up screen :
>
> dovecot error:t_readlink(var/run/dovecot//dovecot.conf) failed: readlink() failed: No such file or directory
> Then : Starting dovecot

What was the previous version of dovecot and what the new version?

I use dovecot-2.3.1 and there is a new version in ports tree 2.3.1_1 which I haven't upgrade yet.

Do you see this error only on your screen or it shows it in logs too? I want to try to reproduce this error and need to know if I need KVM connected to the server.

/var/run/dovecot/dovecot.conf is a link to /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

Do you have chroot for dovecot? Maybe /var/run/dovecot is not mounted yet when dovecot starts and this is the reason for this message.