Recover directory tree with files from win10 HD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Apr 11 14:29:45 UTC 2018

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 16:26:38 +0300, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> You may try
>

> http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/
>

> SystemRescueCd is a Linux *system rescue disk* available as a bootable
> CD-ROM or USB stick
> <http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Installing-SystemRescueCd-on-a-USB-stick/>
> for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash.
>

> This is a Live Cd , without installing it , you can mount supported file
> system ( there are many including ntfs ) and copy files , etc. from that
> file system .
> I think , the most useful tool is this Live CD . It can be used in Linux
> and Windows computers .
>
> My suggestion is to learn how to use it before attempting any repair on the
> damaged disk . First try to copy files into another disk .

This is also a possible way.

Two things to note here:

Make sure you have free disk space on a different disk
in the system, or maybe a NAS you can access, to write
your result files to.

This live CD works very well for smaller problems that
can be fixed "on-disk" / "in-place" where no additional
copy needs to be created. But be very careful with such
an assumption.

Additionally, I'd like to mention that Kali Linux also
has a (smaller) set of data recovery tools and further
means of diagnostics which can be used to initially check
what the problem is.

Without knowing the problem, repair is "trial & error",
and doing this with the only copy of the disk can lead
to a complete data loss.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany