Dell Precision 3520 laptop - help with dual graphics card

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Mon Apr 9 11:28:42 UTC 2018

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 14:24:25 +0000
Anton Shterenlikht <as at cmplx.uk> wrote:

> Just spoke to Dell support on the phone -
> not possible to disable one of the cards via BIOS
> in this model.
>
> So I guess I need to go the X config file route...
>
> Would still be grateful for any advice.
Well, I had a similar problem with my Toshiba Satellite laptop.
I burned a Linux "Live" distro (Like Knoppix, though it was another
one), booted it and copied the xorg automatic config that was working.
I had to wait for the same verion of xorg to be available for freeBSD
to see it somehow working...

Hope it helps,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250