I broke my Apache 2.4 install and I need help!

Matt Smith matt.xtaz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:42:07 UTC 2018

On Apr 02 15:56, William Dudley wrote:
>FreeBSD 10.3
>
>I stupidly obeyed the line "you may delete the httpd.conf file" that
>I saw when I did "pkg upgrade apache24".
>
>I didn't have a backup of that ONE file.  I know, stupid.
>
>Anyway, now my server is hosed.  I'm hosting a handful of domains,
>and have letsencrypt certs installed, that WERE working fine last week.
>
>I'm now getting this error:
>
>SSL Library Error: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line
>(Expecting: DH PARAMETERS) -- Bad file contents or format - or even just a
>forgotten SSLCertificateKeyFile?
>
>And all my virtual hosts are broken (all serving the default page, ignoring
>the
>DocumentRoot in the sites-enabled/foo.com.conf files
>
>Heaven knows what's broken.  I'll PAY someone to ssh into my system and
>sort it out.  Googling error messages isn't working, and I'm just not
>expert enough on my own to sort this out, apparently.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Dudley
>east coast USA
>
>This email is free of malware because I run Linux.

Try running pkg upgrade -f apache24

That will force a reinstall of the package and put the now deleted
httpd.conf file back again. Which would be enough to get things working
again *if* you've never changed anything from the defaults.

If you have changed that file then you will have to remember what you
changed and make the same changes. And think about getting backups!

--
Matt