Pkg upgrade question

Jason Pope boards188 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 00:13:02 UTC 2017

All,

I fixed my issue with the "pkg" command. I forgot that I get an IPv6
allocation and I have seen that cause slowdowns on other machines due to
DNS difficulties. So, I edited my /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf file and
un-commented the IP_VERSION line and changed it from 0 to 4, which forces
"pkg" to only use IPv4; it looks like this:

IP_VERSION = 4

It is VERY fast on the updates now!

Jason K Pope
214.566.8527
boards188 at gmail.com

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his
friends.
John 15:13