sysutils/py-salt doesn't work with python3 | py36-salt fails to install

Peter fbsdq at peterk.org
Thu Sep 21 19:36:44 UTC 2017

> On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 at 3:46 am, Peter <fbsdq at peterk.org> wrote:

>> the
>> >

>> https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/installation/index.html#dependencies
>> >

>> > Python 2.6 >= 2.6 <3.0
>> >
>> > I am not entirely certain, but I think my whole tree of
>> > python27 packages is only required by py-salt these
>> > days.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> > Russell
>> >

>> True, did not look at the installation instructions for 2017.7..., only
>> the release notes which made it seem like python3 should work;
>> https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/releases/2017.7.0.html#python-3
>> and the latest commit comment in ports:
>>    http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/py-salt
>>
>> ]Peter[
>

> I suspect the installation instructions are out of date / have not been
> updated since 2017.7.0 which added python 3 support according to the
> release notes.
>
> Not sure why the install is failing, but I will try to have a look.
>
> Regards,
> Ben
>
>> --
>
> --
> From: Benjamin Woods
> woodsb02 at gmail.com

Finally got back to this, the non educated fix was to remove the last two
lines of pkg-plist:

original was:
minion:#cat bu
@sample %%ETCDIR%%/master.sample
@sample %%ETCDIR%%/minion.sample
%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/salt/_syspaths.py
##%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/salt/_syspaths.pyc
##%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/salt/_syspaths.pyo
minion:#

minion:#cat pkg-plist
@sample %%ETCDIR%%/master.sample
@sample %%ETCDIR%%/minion.sample
%%PYTHON_SITELIBDIR%%/salt/_syspaths.py
minion:#

Haven't been able to figure out why exactly its failing, but master and
minion aren't complaining of anything.  Will need to file a pr if I can
find a real solution.

]Peter[