Clean shutdown with CyberPower UPS

Maxim Khitrov max at mxcrypt.com
Thu Sep 21 17:09:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

FreeBSD 11.1 with CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD connected via USB. Tried
apcupsd, but it was not able to detect the UPS using the "usb" driver.
NUT seems way too overengineered. Don't really want to deal with
network services for such a simple task.

On OpenBSD, I use sensorsd with a simple script to shut the system
down. Is there anything similar on FreeBSD? Basically, I just need a
way of getting the battery percentage and/or remaining runtime from a
ugen HID device.

-Max