how to install " Epson L 380 Printer " and " Hp Deskjet 1515 in Free BSD ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 17:51:09 UTC 2017

On 09/17/17 22:41, manash pal wrote:
> kindly let me know the steps regarding installing of these two printers
> in my system ... I googled the matter , but did not find any suitable
> demonstration .......

I don't know about Epson for sure, but HP should be easy.

Install cups and cups-pdf : pkg install cups cups-pdf

Build hplip from ports :

cd /usr/ports/print/hplip
#if you don't have /usr/ports, run : portsnap fetch extract

make config	# choose to build with qt4, not qt5
#hplip-qt5 currently omits the sip module - big problem

make install clean

You should be able to run Epson under cups and HP via hplip.

The CUPS web interface is : http://localhost:631/admin

Before you try the above, put this in /etc/rc.conf and reboot :

cupsd_enable=YES

Regards
Manish Jain