problem booting from 2nd drive

Christos Chatzaras chris at cretaforce.gr
Thu Sep 7 09:44:48 UTC 2017

>> Sorry, I meant hex dump of GPT. I suspect you might find they are the same, but at different locations. See my post giving the possible reasons why the boot code gives the messages you are getting. Its got to be one of those, but which? I'd compile a new version of the loader that printed out the reason for failure, but this is not suitable for everyone.
>>
>> I'm just guessing. Mr Block of this parish is the expert on the GPT loader.

hexdump -C -n 512 /dev/ada0p1

and

hexdump -C -n 512 /dev/ada1p1

show the same result.

I install the bootcode in another server in both disks again and the boot was successful from 2nd drive.

These 2 servers have only different motherboard (the server with the problem has Fujitsu D3401-H2 and the server without the problem has Fujitsu D3401-H1) and different disks (the server with the problem has Seagate ST4000NM0245-1Z2107 and the the server without the problem has Seagate ST4000NM0024-1HT178). The BIOS for server with problem is V5.0.0.12 R1.8.0 for D3401-H2x (Release Date: 05/15/2017) and BIOS for server without problem is V5.0.0.11 R1.21.0 for D3401-H1x  (Release Date: 05/15/2017).