pkg.freebsd.org mirror having issues?

Rafal Lukawiecki raf at rafal.net
Sat Sep 2 23:04:15 UTC 2017

On 2 Sep 2017, at 23:36, Ryan Steinmetz <zi at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Looks like I misspoke.  This actually didn't have anything to do with my testing, but rather another mirror that was having issues.
>
> The 2 minute delay you were experiencing was caused by pkg waiting for a timeout on another mirror before trying one that is responding.
>
> I've removing the offending mirror for now and will investigate a more automatic solution in the near future.
>
> -r

Many thanks, Ryan, for fixing the issue so quickly. It was a pleasure chatting with you on IRC, too. As I mentioned earlier, this week has been a good experience evaluating FreeBSD as the next platform for my company online training platform. It is clear that the quality and reachability of the community is a major asset of FreeBSD. Thank you for making me remember that the best of IT’s old days is not gone.

Rafal