latest sudo locks out a user

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:23:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

Has anything changed in the latest sudo?

Two days ago on my 10.3 system I did a ports update and got a new
version of sudo, v1.8.21. Since then a user who was able to log in by
ssh, (using key-based not password logins), is now unable to use sudo
to su to root. I enter the correct password and just get put back at
my user prompt, nothing in the syslog.

I've changed the password for that user nothing.

I've looked at /usr/ports/UPDATING and didn't see anything related to sudo.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.
Dave.