autologin from console not working on FreeBSD-11.1p2

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:22:29 UTC 2017

Dear FBSD users,

I had a machine that did not want to boot up anymore.  This morning my
friend which is a computer technician started it up for me and it is
working.  I setup FreeBSD 11.1 on it and installed pkgs and xorg and
have it working.  However, my autologin procedures which worked before
no longer work.  I have a user olivares and configured /etc/gettytab
and /etc/ttyS

In /etc/ttyS

ttyv0     "/usr/libexec/getty Al"        cons25    on  secure

in /etc/gettytab

# log me in automatically
A|Al|Autologin console:\
    ht:np:sp#115200:al=olivares

and when i startup system instead of logging in automagically, it asks
for password.  I have .profile configured to automatically run startx.

How do i enable passwordless logins?
I have another working machine but i have updated from 11.0-RELEASE to
11.1-RELEASE-p2

Best Regards,

Antonio