FreeBSD router with LTE/4G support

Solène Rapenne solene at perso.pw
Thu Oct 26 07:25:40 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm looking for a freebsd router with LTE/4G support (embedded or as a
module/extension).
It will support a very low traffic so it doesn't need to be powerful,
but I would like to
install a bare FreeBSD on it, I don't want PfSense or OpnSense.

I only know about PC Engines's devices but they don't natively support
4G, maybe an APU2
with a well supported 4G usb card could do the trick ? I need it to keep
access to a critical
remote site with a VPN, using a wireless backup (4G signal is _really_
strong there).

I would appreciate if some people could recommend me hardware they know
to work / the use.

Regards