A request to segregate man pages for shell built-ins

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 25 06:14:38 UTC 2017

On 25/10/2017 03:23, Manish Jain wrote:
> (Note : some built-ins (e.g. 'test') do have their own man pages)

That's because there's a stand-alone test(1) as well as a shell built-in.

> Is it not possible to create separate man pages for the shell built-ins
> too ? Or at least ensure that invoking the built-in with --help gets the
> necessary information ?

I'm sure creating separate man pages is possible: it's just a question
of someone stepping up and doing the work.

	Cheers,

	Matthew