canceling freebsd-update

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Tue Oct 24 05:43:15 UTC 2017

I have a VM that needed more disk space. When I logged in to shutdown, I
see this is 10.1-RELEASE so I decided to update the machine. After which
I went ahead and initated an upgrade to 10.4 by running 'freebsd-update
-r 10.4-RELEASE upgrade'. As the machine was fetching, I realized the
/var drive does not have so much disk space. All merging went perfectly,
only a couple of files to manually merge and ended up with only a little
over 500MB free space (94% usage) on /var after. I decided not to commit
and free up some space first and did not issue the 'freebsd-update
install'. The system has been rebooted since I shutdown to grow the disk
of this VM, came back up as 10.1-RELEASE-p41 and I finished the disk
maintenance and now have plenty of space on /var.

Now, should I run the install when ready or should I cancel that
previous upgrade and start over somehow?

--
Robert