accessing HP iLO virtual console

Julien Cigar julien at perdition.city
Fri Oct 20 10:49:29 UTC 2017

Hello,

I used to access the iLO virtual consoles of my HP servers through the
web interface and the JVM plugin.. Now that JVM is slowly dying and
unsupported by latest Firefox release I'm wondering how to access the
Virtual Serial Console through SSH ..?

After $> ssh my.ilo.host I'm issuing:
</>hpiLO-> textcons
but I'm getting a: "Monitor is in graphics mode or an unsupported text
mode." (I guess it's some sort of incompatibility with vt..)
I also tried:
</>hpiLO-> VSP

Virtual Serial Port Active: COM1

Starting virtual serial port.
Press 'ESC (' to return to the CLI Session.

.. and then it freezes..

any enlightenment ? :)

Thanks!

Julien