How to recover data from dead hard drive.

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Fri Oct 20 10:11:24 UTC 2017

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:40:44 +0100, Frank Leonhardt (m) stated:

[snip]

>I don't get many people calling up to say their hardware RAID is working
>fine; only people saying they're broken. Our mileage is probably the same; I
>was ranting about the people who DO loose critical data through bad practice.

Seriously, how many people call a doctor to say that they are feeling fine? I
have used many different methods over the years. For the past four I have
employed RAID5 with three drives and excellent results. I am soon going to be
getting a new machine up and running and a friend wants me to use RAID 10,
also known as RAID 1+0 which involves four drives.

Personally, my confidence in hardware RAID far exceeds that of software based
RAID without regards to the OS. Of course, YMMV.

--
Carmel

NOTE: Please do not "CC" me. I am a member of this list.