Md based tmpfs with zfs root system.

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Wed Oct 18 17:00:45 UTC 2017

Good day,

I've using a new system with root on zfs. I've traditionally used a
/dev/md* based tmpfs for /tmp. A little initial reading on the subject
shows an argument about this practice but I didn't find any threads
that provide a resolution. Furthermore, all the information that I
found which says that this is a bad idea dates from about FreeBSD-8.2,
and that's long obsolete.

What's the current resolution on this for a FreeBSD 11-STABLE user?
Should I avoid using a swap backed /dev/md based tmpfs filesystem for
/tmp?

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]