FreeBSD 11.1 xen trying to create linux domU instance

Frank Leonhardt (m) frank2 at fjl.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 07:43:38 UTC 2017

On 16 October 2017 15:47:30 BST, Antoine Kallab <antoine at kallab.com> wrote:
>On 08/24/2017 06:10 AM, Frank Leonhardt wrote:
>>(And you may have noticed that the autobridge stuff in rc.conf doesn't
>play anyway).
>
>Would you mind sharing what /does/ work for you?

I'll write an article when I have it right; that means I must know why it works too!

I set up a bridge from the command line each time so its different. The trick was DHCP. I have no idea what SYNCDHCP is all about, but it barfs when I use it. I have a DHCP server running on the Dom0 but I think any DHCP server will do. However, if you don't have one (more likely) you can specify the IP address on the line after the addm. I.e.

ifconfig bridge0 addm 192.168.1.7

I have it working fine, but more through luck than brains st present.

Regards, Frank.