Slow xorg after upgrade

Adam Schaefers sch at efers.org
Wed Oct 18 05:36:51 UTC 2017

Hello Chris, I have had a similar problem myself in the past. I too
believe it is due to misconfiguration and not the newer Xorg version you
have recently installed. It turned
out in my case I was using the wrong video driver. If your proper video
driver is not in use, then Xorg will fall back to using a generic (less
performant) driver. I hope this helps you look in the right direction.

Adam Schaefers