HPTERM for FreeBSD

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Oct 16 20:00:58 UTC 2017

On Mon, October 16, 2017 15:21, Polytropon wrote:

> I assume the HP terminal emulation isn't compatible to anything
> else that exists? IBM 3270 maybe? In such a case, x3270 (from the
> Ports collection) could work...

No, HP block-mode is specific to the HP 2640/A video terminal and its
descendants. To begin with the terminal uses ASCII encoding whereas
the 3270 is, well, IBM; and that means EBCDIC, which is like nothing
else in the known universe.

> Sadly I cannot provide better suggestions as I've only dealt
> a few times with HP-UX CDE. :-/

The Source Forge links to the code and svn repository are defunct
(surprise!, surprise!, surprise!). Fortunately, I have the tarball for
Freevt3k as of AD 2009. That is the last time anyone worked on the
code base to my knowledge.  If I cannot get anything else then I will
try and build ithat on FreeBSD.

Canada  L8E 3C3