freebsd stable images in google cloud

Nicolas Martyanoff khaelin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:35:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

The FreeBSD project releases RELEASE gcloud images. I found out that it also
regularly releases STABLE images[1], which is very good. However it seems they
have no associated image family[2]. Having stable image families, for example
'freebsd-11-1-stable' for all 11.1 stable images, would allow users to use
"the last stable 11.1 image available". This would make life easier, for
example when one uses scripts to build images and want these images to be
based on the last stable version.

Is there someone in particular in charge of these stable images ? Maybe I
could help.

Regards,

[1] gcloud compute images list --project freebsd-org-cloud-dev
      --filter="name~'^freebsd-.*-stable-'"
[2] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/images#image_families

--
Nicolas Martyanoff