console-only freebsd

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sat Oct 7 14:20:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a freebsd 11-stable installation on a (gutless) netbook. What I'd like
is full functionality via the console[1]. One of the things it needs is some
graphics capability but without xorg. So I'm thinking, svga or libSDL.
For example, let's say to view a jpg file. If this is possible from the console,
what program or port would one use to view a gif or jpg file?

[1] by console, I mean the consoles accessed via alt-f1 to alt-f7 [2]
[2] can the number of consoles be increased?

many thanks,
--
J.