help - under attack

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Sun Oct 1 19:15:07 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 11:34:36AM -0400, Ernie Luzar wrote:

>firewall. All pc on the lan are powered off. Even disconnected the lan
>cable from the freebsd gateway host and still the error messages come
>out. That is why I am asking for help here.

Does the machine have an active wireless interface, perhaps one that
isn't protected by the firewall? Does the freebsd gateway have a
wireless interface? Is the freebsd gateway host the firewall?

Also, you need to give more detail about the network. Is it like this:

internet <> freebsd_gateway_host <> freebsd_machine_reporting_ssh_auth_
attempts

?
--
J.