how to read the installed manual?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Nov 25 14:52:57 UTC 2017

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 22:38:40 +0800, Elof Huang wrote:
>Documentation is provided to install during the installation, how
>would I read it?

Hi,

I would wear my reading glasses and ...

.... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=installation+guide+freebsd

I didn't read it yet [1], but once upon a time I was able to install
FreeBSD without an additional computer for web researches, while
installing it. That time it was required to compile everything,
installing packages providing binaries, wasn't an option.

There were some pitfalls, but those were not caused by a missing
documentation. I send requests to this list, but IIRC trial and error
solved the issues.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall.html
Is something missing. resp.not self-explaining?

--
$ pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-cornflower,-pussytoes}}|awk '{print $2}'
4.14-2