IPFW: Why can I add port numbers to established and what does that do ?

javocado javocado at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 00:07:49 UTC 2017

I think you misunderstand what I am asking - you have explained why a
"established" rule is needed in the ruleset.  You are correct and it is
something (an established rule) that I always use.

What I am saying is:  I just noticed that you can specify a port number in
the established rule:

allow tcp from any to any 22 established

... which I don't understand.  In fact, I think it is a bug, but I am
asking to make sure.  It doesn't seem like specifying a port in the
established rule makes any sense ...