How to setup IPFW working with blacklistd

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Nov 15 07:55:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:37:46 -0500, Kurt Lidl wrote:

 > Greetings all!

Welcome Kurt, very glad you're here!

 > Sorry for not being response to your request for help sooner.
 >
 > I had a bit of a hardware crisis here last week, where
 > what I thought was merely a blown power supply turned
 > out to be a failed motherboard.  Getting the 2.5" SAS
 > drives back up and running in a different machine took
 > far longer than I would have guessed.  That, along with
 > a secondary MX host that was offline for the first 36
 > hours after the main mail server went down was a cause
 > for additional excitement.

Sounds like lots of fun, and certainly explains the mail problems.

 > Anyway.
 >
 > I've read through the mail exchange, although its a bit
 > hard to follow all of it.

It is, and a lot of that's my fault for speculating in your absense,
however I do find this an interesting gadget, even though I'm not likely
to be running an 11.x system in the foreseeable future.

I'll get back to the rest of your observations after replying to a
couple of Cos' messages first - as briefly as possible!

cheers, Ian