List of OS in BSD family

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Nov 13 20:07:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:27:29 +0000, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:25:11 +1030
> Shane Ambler <FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz> wrote:
>
> > You mean like OSX, which uses a merge of the Mach and BSD kernels.
> >
> > But then I thought SunOS used to be on that tree, maybe there are more
> > complete variations of that tree.
>
> 	I have seen a more complete unix family tree that includes all the
> commercial branches, it's a lot more complex.

Yes, such a _very_ detailed and updated (!) file exists. But keep
in mind the file in question is a "BSD family tree", not a general
"UNIX family tree", and it concentrates on Free/Net/Open/DragonflyBSD
primarily, but also includes Mac OS X (now called macOS) due to the
strong family membership. :-)

This is the current version:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freebsd/freebsd/master/share/misc/bsd-family-tree

--