Problems with network inside a VirtualBox

Eduardo Lemos de Sa eduardo.lemosdesa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:54:59 UTC 2017

Dear

Since two years or more, i have a win-xp virtualbox machine running in
FreeBSD-amd64 as host. I have two FreeBSD machines (amd-64): 10.4 (at home)
and 11.1 (at work), both running under GENERIC kernel.
The problem is that under 10.4-RELEASE, I can install and have networking
operational, but I cannot have the same under 11.1-RELEASE.

Attached, I am sending a pdf file with network config in VirtualBox,

At /boot/loader.conf:

kern.geom.label.disk_ident.enable="0"
kern.geom.label.gptid.enable="0"
zfs_load="YES"
fuse_load="YES"
nvidia_load="YES"
vboxdrv_load="YES"
hw.ata.atapi_dma=1
kern.ipc.semmni="1250"
kern.ipc.semmns="9000"
#kern.ipc.shmmax="2863311530"
#kern.ipc.shmall="4194304"

And /etc/rc.conf

hostname="matata"
keymap="br275.iso.acc"
ifconfig_re0="inet 200.xx.xxx.xx netmask 255.255.255.0"
sshd_enable="YES"
ntpd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
zfs_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"
openssh_enable="YES"
sshguard_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
ntpdate_enable="YES"
powerd_enable="YES"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
apache24_enable="YES"
vboxnet_enable="YES"
vboxguest_enable="YES"
vboxservice_enable="YES"
devfs_system_ruleset="system"
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Tue Feb  4 15:16:44 2014
saver="blank"
#blanktime="120"
smartd_enable="YES"
#vboxdrv_load="YES"

Please, could someone give some hints to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance

My best wishes

Eduardo

--