List of OS in BSD family

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Nov 12 13:59:50 UTC 2017

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 08:29:30 -0500, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> I know of FreeBSD and OpenBSD as members in the BSD family of operating
> systems. Are there others and what are their names?

You can find out easily - without Internet access, from the
following locally installed file:

/usr/share/misc/bsd-family-tree

Depending on what special "relationships" you are searching
for ("ancestors", "siblings", "descendants"), this file will
provide the information.

One BSD derivate you won't find in there is DEMOS, a UNIX
operating system based on an early BSD for the K1810 family
of computers produced in the GDR (in the 1970s/1980s). ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany