Find ports that are not in the requeirement of others

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Fri Nov 10 17:20:14 UTC 2017

On 10/11/2017 17:11, roberthuff at rcn.com wrote:

> Arthur Chance writes:
>
>>  >> Is there an incantation of pkg(8) that can list all the ports that are a
>>  >> leaf in the tree of the installed ports.
>>  >
>>  > From pkg-query(8):
>>  >
>>  >     pkg query -e '%#r = 0' %o
>>  >
>>  > Roland
>>  >

>>  Or if you have the default config file installed, simply
>>
>>  pkg leaf
>
> 	On my system, "pkg query" returns 140 items, while "pkg leaf"
> returns 217.
> 	That is not round-off error.
> 	Anybody know why?

Distinctly odd. On my system

root at arthur:3# pkg query -e '%#r = 0' %o | wc -l
      62
root at arthur:3# pkg leaf | wc -l
      62

No idea why you're not getting the same number but maybe you could try

 (pkg leaf; pkg query -e '%#r == 0' '%n-%v') | sort -u

to see what the difference is. (Presuming your pkg leaf alias is the
same as the query. "grep leaf /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf" to make sure.)

--
An amusing coincidence: log2(58) = 5.858 (to 0.0003% accuracy).