Need help with rc.d script

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:46:10 UTC 2017

Tried to use the daemon command in the rc.d script with no joy.

this is in the rc.d script
. /etc/rc.subr
name=dynip
rcvar=dynip_enable
command="/usr/sbin/daemon /usr/local/bin/${name}"
run_rc_command "$1"

When I use the service command I get this
/usr/local/etc/rc.d >service dynip onestart
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/dynip: WARNING: no shebang line in /usr/sbin/daemon
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/dynip: WARNING: run_rc_command: cannot run
/usr/sbin/daemon
/usr/local/bin/dynip

When I run from the command line using this

daemon /usr/local/bin/dynip

ps ax shows it running and has a child task for sleep and it has
disconnected itself from the terminal that issued the command. But it
seems to be hung.

Any other suggestions I can try.