"service -R" prints out a shell error

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Sat Nov 4 13:17:33 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

On a 10.4-RELEASE, the "service -R" command prints out some shell
errors (about "Bad substitution") along with valid messages. Please
see a sample output below.

The question is, first of all, how can I debug which exactly script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ is the culprit? When I restart them separately,
not a single one of them prints this error.

Output:

Waiting for PIDS: 743.
Stopping clamav_freshclam.
Waiting for PIDS: 739, 739.
Stopping clamav_clamd.
Waiting for PIDS: 736.
eval: ${/...}: Bad substitution
Stopping named.
Waiting for PIDS: 41671.
Stopping nginx.
Waiting for PIDS: 729.
Stopping spamd.
Waiting for PIDS: 718.
Stopping saslauthd.
Waiting for PIDS: 709.
slapd not running? (check /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid).
Performing sanity check on squid configuration.
Configuration for squid passes.
Stopping squid.
Waiting for PIDS: 701.
Stopping tpop3d.
Waiting for PIDS: 692.
Starting tpop3d.
Starting squid.
Starting slapd.
Starting saslauthd.
Starting spamd.
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
nginx: the configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax
is ok
nginx: configuration file /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is
successful
Starting nginx.
Starting named.
eval: ${/...}: Bad substitution
Starting clamav_clamd.
Starting clamav_freshclam.
Starting exim.
Starting arpwatch.
Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:
Syntax OK
Starting apache24.
root at gw:~ #

--