Three '450.status-security' scripts enabled by default

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Fri Nov 3 12:53:29 UTC 2017

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 700, Issue 5, Message: 5
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 03:12:32 +0900 (JST) Yasuhiro KIMURA <yasu at utahime.org> wrote:

 > > OMG, again the source of this problem is "pkg". 410.pkg-audit and
 > > 460.pkg-checksum doesn't support security_status_*_period
 > > variable. Therefore they are always executed if
 > > weekly_status_security_enable and/or monthly_status_security_enable is
 > > 'YES' (and they are 'YES' by default).
 >
 > Support of security_status_*_period variable is added to these scripts
 > on GitHub repository.
 >
 > https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/commit/956dcc5f2205168d0ad321b6cc7c25cc473d2314
 > https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/commit/cc27c8ce390b96f1fe649f3f5ce2150b2605ed41
 >
 > Just FYI.

Thanks.  I'd asked Matthew Seaman off-list, who pointed to the first of
those commits on github.  I see you engaged Bapt@ about the second one.

However these are not yet in the FreeBSD ports tree head, so presumably
there will be a new version of pkg(8) coming along sometime after that.

Amazing noine else seems to have noticed these extra security messages.

cheers, Ian