Sticky portmaster updates

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Mon May 8 08:52:55 UTC 2017

On 05/05/2017 14:59, Warren Block wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2017, Paul Macdonald wrote:
>

>> I've noticed recently that on updating ports the update will stick on
>> shell until return is hit a few times, at which point update continues
>>
>> this is a scripted update but essentially just portmaster -a
>>
>> ps auxd shows no processes under portmaster
>>
>> this is all on FBSD11, amd64 and i'm seeing on several boxes
>>
>> anyone else seeing this or have any suggestions?
>
> I have not seen this, but it sounds like something waiting for
> interactive input.  That could be something due to the particular
> shell, terminal, or script.
yes it looks like its output from php shell_exec thats stuck, (used to
capture ports reports etc)
have changed to php system call which is a temp fix and returns the
output ok (without the need to hit any keys)

-------------------------
Paul Macdonald
IFDNRG Ltd
Web and video hosting
-------------------------
t: 0131 5548070
m: 07970339546
e: paul at ifdnrg.com
w: http://www.ifdnrg.com
IFDNRG
40 Maritime Street
Edinburgh
EH6 6SA

Virtual Servers from £50.00pm
High specification Dedicated Servers from £150.00pm