how do I get STARTTLS working with sendmail on FreeBSD 10.3 ?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Mar 23 15:47:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

With intention I have not included the lines of the tread into my
reply...

Can first the OP (Original Poster), clarify what he/she wants todo
exactly. If it is, fetching mails *from* his/her FreeBSD server to some
other device, then sendmail is not involved here at all, but setting up
some IMAP or POP3 server on the FreeBSD box.

If he/she wants send mail from the device to the FreeBSD server as 1st
MX hop, then ofc he/she must setup a MTA on this server.

So, let's first clarify, about what the issue is exactly.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Aus "Nie wieder Krieg!" wurde "Nie wieder Krieg ohne Deutschlands Truppen"