how do I get STARTTLS working with sendmail on FreeBSD 10.3 ?

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Thu Mar 23 03:25:15 UTC 2017

Your entire question is ridiculous since Sendmail will never be useful for retrieving email from a remote server. Ever. To do that you need a POP/IMAP server. That was my point. Still is.

I only suggested you consider another agent since this one is proving difficult for you to configure. I never said you "had to" do anything, but you will need more than Sendmail to use your phone's email client.

But keep going, you're doing great.

Jim Ohlstein