bootable ext. USB SSD for backup

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 16 20:16:29 UTC 2017

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:56:07 -0500 (CDT), Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>Junior programmer faithfully thinks that one kilobyte is exactly 1000
>bytes.
>
>Senior programmer faithfully thinks that one kilogram is exactly 1024
>grams.

When I programmed Commodore 64 Assembler a KB was 1024 B, nowadays I
call it a KiB, to distinguish between 2^10 and 10^3, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kibibyte .

I dislike this joke, since senior programmers usually are also senior
electronics technicians, so while not necessarily aware of the kg unit,
at least well aware of the kΩ unit :p.

Regards,
Ralf