Fwd: Re: Toshiba A-205 S5880 laptop compatibility

Mike Jeays mj001 at rogers.com
Thu Mar 16 01:46:45 UTC 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Toshiba A-205 S5880 laptop compatibility
Date: 	Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:27:12 -0400
From: 	Mike Jeays <mj001 at rogers.com>
To: 	phnxcs_rep at lycos.com

FreeBSD 3.4 is years out of date. I would suggest you download a copy of
the latest release, or of TrueOS, which is an easy-to-install version
that will give you a nicely-equipped desktop. There is no charge, of
course. I think the only reason not to would be if you have a very slow
or expensive interent connection.

Either 3.4 or the latest TrueOS or FreeBSD should run well on your
laptop - quite a bit better than Vista, anyway. Good luck!