FreeBSD-11 - /etc/fstab

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Mar 14 20:59:34 UTC 2017

On Tue, March 14, 2017 16:01, Dean E. Weimer wrote:

> Look at man jail, search for mount.fstab, that's probably what you
> need.
> I use it for mounting nullfs file systems to my jails, haven't tried
> with these special file systems though.

I read the man page which is why I first looked in the ezjail
configuration file for this particular jail to see if the ability to
mount these special file-systems was enabled. It appeared to be.  I
then  updated the /etc/fstab.jailname file to have the desired
entries:

# cat /etc/fstab.hllidempiere
/usr/jails/basejail /usr/jails/hllidempiere/basejail nullfs ro 0 0
fdesc   /dev/fd         fdescfs         rw      0       0
proc    /proc           procfs          rw      0       0

However, when I start the jail, log on to it, and perform a mount
command this is all I see:

# mount
zroot/ROOT/default on / (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)

Thus my question.

Canada  L8E 3C3