ldap nithmare

Friedrich Locke friedrich.locke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 18:30:34 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

after trying to get ldap gssapi working i believe i am getting closer to
the problem.

The way my /etc/hosts files is configured changes the kind of error
response. Please, realize i am not using dns, only hosts file:

When my /etc/hosts file has this line below:

139.59.138.203		etosha.my.domain etosha

I get this:

sioux at etosha$ ldapwhoami -Y GSSAPI
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Other (e.g., implementation specific)
error (80)
         additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:  No
credentials were supplied, or the credentials were unavailable or
inaccessible. (unknown mech-code 0 for mech unknown)

The kerberos ticket to ldap/etosha.my.domain is retrieved normally.

But, when /etc/hosts changes to:

139.59.138.203          etosha etosha.my.domain

Then:

sioux at etosha$ ldapwhoami -Y GSSAPI
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)
         additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Miscellaneous failure (see text)known (Server (ldap/etosha at MY.DOMAIN)
unknown)

The kerberos ticket to ldap/etosha.my.domain is not retrieved.

Why am i given this results ?
May someone give me advices on these regards ?