-O2 flag

Serpent7776 serpent7776 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 12:26:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:05:01 -0300
Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here you have it:
>
> gustav# cc --version
> FreeBSD clang version 3.8.0 (tags/RELEASE_380/final 262564) (based on
> LLVM 3.8.0)
> Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd11.0
> Thread model: posix
> InstalledDir: /usr/bin
> gustav#
This is not telling much. As pointed by Patrick this might be due to
uninitialized stack variables in a function.
You might want to try to:
- rebuild with enabled compiler warning flags (-W flags)
  https://clang.llvm.org/docs/DiagnosticsReference.html
- rebuild with sanitizer enabled
  https://clang.llvm.org/docs/UndefinedBehaviorSanitizer.html
- try running in debugger and find place where this error occurs
HTH

> Em 10/06/2017 18:09, Serpent7776 escreveu:
> > On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:20:25 -0300
> > Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> i am trying compile a program with cc on freebsd 11.
> >> When i use -O2 compilation flag, the compiled code is giving error on
> >> execution, but with i omit -O2 everything works ok.
> >>
> >> Have anybody already faced such problem ?
> > Yes, a few times in the past. Your code may have hidden bug which is
> > triggered only with optimizations enabled. It might be relying on some kind
> > of undefined behaviour.
> > Unfortunately, I don't have any helpful advices on how to find this error -
> > try enabling all compiler warnings flags.
> > I'd suspect a bug in your code rather than a bug in compiler, but the
> > latter is not impossible.
> >
> >> Thanks in advance.

/*
 * Serpent7776