regarding citation

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 28 16:08:57 UTC 2017

On 28/07/2017 14:59, BStack Support wrote:
> We have developed a data store, BIO, with Berkeley DB as the
> reference. We have cited/quoted about FreeBSD and Berkeley DB in our website
> https://bstack.org ( BIO under Menu).
>
> We would like to confirm that you are fine with the citations/quotes and they can > continue to be what they are. If you would like some changes, please let us know. > We would be glad to change as needed.
>
> If this is not the right mailbox for this query, please forward this message to
> the correct one or let us know and we would write to them.

Please address any questions related to FreeBSD copyright / licensing or
use of FreeBSD trademarked items to info at freebsdfoundation.org

In general, using code from FreeBSD does not need any special permission
and you can freely distribute derived works so long as you maintain the
original copyright notices on any code you use.  Some parts of the
FreeBSD codebase are supplied under alternative licenses such as GPLv2
or CDDL, which have different terms, but allow similar levels of freedom.

	Cheers,

	Matthew