Has anyone had any success installing VirtualBox extension pack under FreeBSD ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 09:16:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I would, possibly like many others, like to install VirtualBox extension
pack under FreeBSD. Currently, the VB::USB situation is so messy that no
device other than keyboard/mouse work, not even as OHCI.

I tried to open a discussion for this at VB forums :

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83928

There response is so pathetic that it essentially leaves no hope.

The only hope seems to be hacking the extension packing with the
Linuxulator, getting the extension pack to think that the OS actually is
Linux. Has anyone had any success with such an approach / something else ?

Thanks for any pointers.
Manish Jain